What is an Oculoplastic / Oculo-Facial surgeon?
Eye Plastic surgeons, also known as Oculoplastic or Oculo-Facial surgeons are ophthalmologists who have completed extensive post-residency training in this unique sub-specialty.
The training involves plastic and reconstructive surgery of the periorbital and facial tissues including eyelids & eyebrows, cheeks, orbit, and lacrimal (tear) system.
Our site provides in-depth education about cosmetic eyelid surgery by oculoplastic (oculofacial, oculo-facial) trained ophthalmologists (surgeons) skilled in performing eyelid surgery, blepharoplasty, facial plastic surgery. Using the LOCATE and MD button you can locate an oculofacial surgeon (oculo-facial surgeon) also referred to as an oculoplastics surgeon or cosmetic eyelid surgeon or oculoplastic oculo-facial surgeon.
What type of surgeries does an Oculoplastic / Oculo-Facial surgeon perform?
- Brow lifts ( direct, indirect and endoscopic)
- Face and Cheek lifts ( Facelift &, Midface lift)
- Skin resurfacing using CO2 or Erbium LASER or chemical peel
- Injections with Botox for facial wrinkles or blepharospasm
- Orbital reconstruction following facial trauma
- Surgeries for Grave's disease (thyroid)
- Evaluation and repair of fractures
- Evaluation and management of orbital tumors
Read more about oculoplastic conditions and eyelid plastic surgery, or facial plastic surgeries performed by oculo-facial oculoplastic surgeons or orbital diseases that oculo-facial oculoplastic surgeons ophthalmic plastic surgeons manage.